may also be nominated. While nominating children it must be ensured by the nominating party that the child is truly creative, innovative and imbibed with originality.
2. The participant must not be below 9 years nor above 16 years as on 1st April, 2011.
3. The three age groups would be 9 to 11 years, 11+ to 14 years and 14+ to 16 years. The candidates age group will be decided on the basis of age as on 1st April of the year of participation.
4. A child can participate in Bal Shree Selection process for a maximum of 2 times irrespective of the age category and stream be it at any level (Zonal/National). A Bal Shree Awardee is debarred from participating again in the Bal Shree selection process.
5. One and a half day Local Bal Shree Camp is mandatory and should be organised by each affiliated State Bal Bhavans/ Bal Kendras having three sessions with proper activity tools and evaluation system in first/second week of August.
6. Participation of children in Local level screening, as per the norms of the scheme, would entirely be the responsibility of Bal Bhavans/Bal Kendras conducting the local level selection process. If any misleading information is given by the nominating Bal Bhavan or the child the nomination of that child would stand cancelled.
7. Results of Local Level Bal Shree Selection process of each of the affiliated Bal Bhavans\Bal Kendras, along with the tools adopted, biodatas of the resource persons involved in selection and the nomination form of selected candidates must reach National Bal Bhavan latest by 30th July, 2011.
Nominations received after 30th July, 2011 will not be considered by National Bal Bhavan for the Zonal Selection Camps.
8. No new nomination will be accepted in case of cancellation of previously nominated candidate, while scrutinizing the form or due to other unforeseen reason.
9. In the states where there is no Bal Bhavan, National Bal Bhavan would request the Chief Secretaries of such states to nominate 4 children in general category and 1 child in special category.
10. Affiliated Bal Bhavans would be required to submit an undertaking on Rs. 10/- stamp paper about authenticity of childâ€™s name, age, DOB and number of attempts made by the participant alongwith the attested copy of DOB certificate. In addition an undertaking on Rs. 10/- stamp paper will also be taken from Parents stating that they would accept the decision of Jury as final.
11. Participation alone doesnâ€™t ensure selection. Selection would depend on the level of creativity of a participants and therefore selection should not be a foregone conclusion.
12. The external resource persons (Jury Members) who will judge participants at Local/Zonal/National should be eminent creative persons from the concerned streams of art, performance, writing and science
in which they will be judging the children and should have experience of dealing with children. They should be able to identify the spark of creativity and be able to differentiate between skill and creativity.
13. For Zonal level, the zonal centre of the Bal Shree Camp will send in Bio-Datas of four resource persons per stream out of which National Bal Bhavan will select two resource persons. Care must be taken to ensure that only Biodatas of such resource persons are sent who have not been involved in the local level selection and who is not related in any way to any child participating in Zonal Level Selection.
14. The selection of the Jury for the National Level is the prerogative of the National Bal Bhavan. The decision of the Jury will be final at all level and no contention in this regard will be entertained.